Monday, September 08, 2008

Old writings

I was going through some of my storage boxes from university the other day and came across some old poetry I had written. It is an interesting exercise looking back at some of the things I have written over the years.
By the way, these date back more than 10 years.

Broken Dreams

I'm dreaming broken dreams
I wish that they'd come true
Behind closed eyes everything's fine
A stream of light can be so cruel
My broken dreams are perfect
And life is perfect too
But a single word, a line, a phrase
Said harshly changes the mood
In a world of broken dreams
I'm slowly going mad
How can all I've ever wanted
Turn out to be so bad
I'm dreaming broken dreams
They're always in my head
But what you can see when you look at me
Is what my broken dreams have bred.

Something To Believe In

When you've hit rock bottom, no rope
It's hard not to feel there's no hope
The road ahead in winding and full of holes
That you keep finding
You know you just can't win
And you've lost the will to fight
We all need something to believe in
We all want someone to care
And when life is taking you nowhere
It doesn't even feel good to sin
Without love we have nothing to believe in
I just need something.....

No comments: