Thursday, September 25, 2008

The In The Air Tonight myth

I always believed the classic Phil Collins song In The Air Tonight was based on a true story about an incident that was witnessed.
I learned today that is not the case and that Collins doesn't really know what it is about. Read about it here if you didn't already know.
It is a cracking song with amazing use of the drums in the middle, very distinctive.
These lyrics don't help the case of it not being based on an actual event....
`Well when you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I don't know if you know who I am
But I was there and I saw what you did
Saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin
I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies'.
True or not true, it's a great urban myth.

No comments: