Saturday, May 31, 2008

An unusual night

My standard Friday night is a quiet one watching the football and reading the racing papers preparing for the weekend.
I did some of that last night but not quit how and where I expected.
For the first time in I don't know how long I got home well after my housemate and we're talking around 2am. He was well and truly snoring by then.
I went over to Coogee to hang out with a friend and we ended up at a pub for dinner and to watch the footy. A mate of his also came along (very interesting guy but he's another story) and it was he who mae the night out of the ordinary.
Not going to go into the details but it involved a $1 bet on the football score and one of the most remarkable games of footy I've seen.
When he scanned the ticket he almost leapt out of his own skin and, potentially unfortuntely, onto my back just days after recovering from a pinched nerve.
An awesome night with a couple of guys and despite only five or so hours sleep (they kicked on a while longer than me and thank God I don't drink) I have to say it was all worth it.
Haven't had fun like that in ages.

2 comments:

Zombie said...

Sounds like fun, I haven't been out with my friends like that for a long time, makes we want to though. Cheers.

Ray said...

Yeah, though I have to say I like my sleep and four or so hours isn't a lot. Luckily it was a Friday night!