Monday, May 26, 2008

I don't like Mondays

That heading's not quite accurate.
I do generally like Mondays but perhaps not this one so much (but I do love the Boomtown Rats song of the same name).
I made it work fine today despte some remaining back pain and was pleased to discover it has been improving, slowly. Also in the good news column is the face that work was rather cruisy for a deadline day and things went pretty well to plan.
I headed off to physio after work and it looks as though things will be a lot better within a few days. (I currently have a heat pack on my back as I type this).
Why don't I like this Monday then? In some ways it is a touchy question. Almost literally.
I'm not going to reveal the full reason in this public arena, not that it's headline news or anything scandalous, it's just not really appropriate.
More than anything I think it is something I am going to have to learn to deal with because it is a situation that doesn't look like changing, despite the amount that I want it to.
The disappointment just takes a while to wash away.
I don't know why I think that one day things will change, if anything they seem to be heading further away from where I'd like them. The toughest thing is that I don't understand why. There's no logical reason in my mind for how it is. Sometimes I think it is a reflection on me, that's the closest I can get to working it out. Only sometimes, if I was pressed I'd have to say that statement is wrong but it is an easy conclusion to come to.
I know all this is cryptic, by the way, but it helps me to get it off my chest.
Let's be positive, tomorrow is another day full of possibilities and hopefully I can catch up with a mate whom I have been trying to lock in some time with for a while. We are slated for tomorrow so that's something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Hello there again, thought I'd just drop by to say we should exchange emails. I'd love to discuss some stuff with you, but over comments isn't my favorite way to do so. Just shoot me one at aaron.leopold32@gmail.com

thanks!