Saturday, May 31, 2008

Michael Paynter

Sometimes I stumble upon an artist who surprises me (Rascal Flatts is a good recent example, The Fray is another).
Well, this week I have come across Michael Paynter , a young musician from Melbourne who has just released his first single called Closer.
It's a pretty solid single and is worth a listen, the video can be viewed here on his Youtube channel.
From what I can gather he is fairly well known down in Melbourne so hopefully he might do a few shows in Sydney so I can see more.
I have listened to the three songs on the Closer single (I quite like the third track Shine On Me, don't know if it is going to be on the album).
The CD is going to be called `This Welcome Diversion', from the few songs I have heard snippets or full songs of I'd say the album will be a welcome diversion indeed.
Check him out,.

No comments: