Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Is the Chaser jumping the shark?

Since I became acquainted with The Chaser's War On Everything from the end of their last series I have found the show extremely funny.
However, since they have become more widely known they seem to be losing their edge.
Not as consistently funny, some of the skits are so obviously badly set up and everyone knows who they are so they aren't able to ambush people as easily as before.
They do have their moments. Tonight's rave party bit at the end was great. But it took about 10 minutes or so before I managed an out-loud laugh. (I really love the Crazy Warehouse Guy and there isn't enough of him lately).
After the APEC stunt (which was hilarious and scary at the same time) they are in the limelight and that's detrimental to their show. I smell the money from Channel 7 being too good to refuse for what I fear could be a sinking ship.
Love the show boys but am very concerned.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I tend to agree with you Ray, I really like the show but it's becoming sort of predictable.
Having said that I think it plays an important role in satirising current events and politicians.