Thursday, October 25, 2007

Good Luck Chuck

Think There's Something About Mary and you're in the right ball park.
Good Luck Chuck is a laugh out loud comedy about a guy who was cursed as a child to never find true love.
Since a fateful game of spin the bottle, Charlie (Dane Cook) is doomed to always be the guy before the right guy, so much so he is deemed to be a lucky charm.
When he meets Cam (Jessica Alba) he is no longer satisfied by endless one night stands.
This is not the best movie going around, you know that from the very start, but it also makes things clear at the beginning what type of movie you're in for.
If you liked Mary, you'll like Chuck. Simple as that.
The humour is crude, at times a bit too crude, and it doesn't hold anything back. There's also some graphic scenes and at least one scene I've never seen in a feature mainstream film. But, bottom line, it's a great laugh. If you expect lowbrow comedy you won't be disappointed.
But don't, whatever you do, attend this movie with your girlfriend or someone who could potentially be. It's a guy film. Grab a couple of mates and have a laugh.
A 7 out of 10, it was just that funny.

3 comments:

Brant W. Fowler said...

I actually don't have high hopes for this one, but I'll still eventually see it as I see anything with Jessica Alba in it. :) And not just because she's one of the most beautiful women on the planet, but because I honestly think she's very talented also.

I'm glad to hear you think it's funny though, that gives me a little bit of hope.

Ray said...

The reason I put the comparison to Mary in there is so you know what you're in for. If you find that kind of humour funny, and I did, you'll have a good laugh.
Don't have high hopes, it's not Shakespeare

Brant W. Fowler said...

No, I didn't think it would be, but I liked Something About Mary well enough.