Friday, June 08, 2007

Downside to all the rain

I don't want to be a half-full kind of guy but I found a downside to all this great rain we are having.
Travelling back to Sydney today on the train, we were forced to stop at Maitland and were transferred onto a bus because the track was flooded. Ironically I took the train because I didn't want to sit on a bus. Then again I could have driven but that raises all sorts of other issues that I won't go into here.
The water laying on the ground along the countryside was amazing to look at and hopefully will make a massive difference, streams were flowing that haven't in ages.
Anyway I was about two hours late home since the train was halted. Small price to pay for the best rain we've had in ages I know. Let's hope there's more of it.

No comments: