Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Change is supposed to be a good thing

There's been a lot of talk at work about changing things around and trying some new things.
I'm all for it and was asked for my input into what I think can be done. So I threw in some suggestions.
Some got shot down pretty quickly and others were well received.
I left work last week with the impression that some of my ideas would be embraced sooner rather than later but have so far seen no evidence.
It's all a bit frustrating when people are talking about trying new things and then the same people say things like `we can't do that'. It's so negative.
What's wrong with trying something a little different. Things have been done the same way for years and years and are becoming tiresome.
So to freshen things but, and provide a bit of stimulation for the workers and the readers, shouldn't meet with so much resistance.
One thing I learned quite quickly working with the people in my section is that they don't embrace change well and very much have a `can't do' mentality. It's easy to get sucked into that.
I really enjoy what I do and consider myself to be quite good at it. That did get me into a bit of trouble late last year but you learn from those kind of things. I can either be passionate about my job, because it is a passion of mine, and put 100% into it or just `get the job done' and not put any particular effort into it.
Its just that it can be a bit frustrating.

No comments: