Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sunday wedding

It has been a huge weekend.
For some reason my friends David and Marlene decided to get married at 9.30am today. It does sound somewhat like an April Fool's Day thing (and at one point I thought they told us the wrong time for a joke) but it was an awesome day.
The setting couldn't have been any more perfect. An outdoor seated (some standing) wedding overlooking Sydney Harbour from Gunners' Barracks at Mosman. The weather was a shade cool this morning but as the day progressed it was quite spectacular.
So despite hanging out in the beauty of nature with good friends, a few drinks, a meal and conversation I'm pretty stuffed. But a good kind of stuffed, there is a reason for it. I've got to say I'm a bit sick of the sight of my suit.
That takes me to yesterday and the Golden Slipper Day at Rosehill. My tipping was pretty ordinary (everyone has an off day now and then) but the day was excellent. Some great people, a few of whom I work with, to spend the day discussing the races and the other `distractions' of a glamourous day like Slipper Day.
Next Saturday is Derby Day over at Randwick. At this stage I plan to go, we'll just see how this week pans out. Like Slipper Day, Derby Day is usually an A-grade event and one of those events you (i.e. me) don't want to miss.

No comments: