Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rascal Flatts

Most people who know me would know why I dislike country music, at least the old style.
But, I just picked up Me & My Gang, the latest CD by US country group Rascal Flatts and I've got to say, on the whole, I like it a lot.
I only heard of them last year when they covered the track Life Is A Highway for the soundtrack to the Pixar film Cars.
While as I write this I am still on the first listen I already want to listen again. There's something about country music that seems more genuine than popular music. Perhaps it is all the heartache they sing about.
It's funny, there's a song on this CD called Backwards. Essentially it is an anti-country song in that you don't lose everything, instead everything comes back. if that makes sense.
Perhaps I am going to have to change my views on country music. Or perhaps this CD is one of the exceptions to the rule.

No comments: