Friday, April 06, 2007

CD's revisited: 1927's ...ish

I haven't done this for a while but, anyway, this CD would be one of the first albums I ever bought.
Released in late 1988, ...ish began for me a passion for music - not that I can play anything other than a CD player for myself - and happily for Australian music.
1927 kind of burst onto the scene in the late 80s with two big hits, `That's When I Think Of You' and `If I Could' from this debut album. And I pretty much got hooked. I still like to listen to this and the other two 1927 CDs, The Other Side and 1927.
...ish is quintessential Australian soft rock with easy to listen to songs and some tender ballads, particularly If I Could and a bittersweet war song `Compulsory Hero'.
I actually saw 1927 in concert a couple of times but they were well past when their popularity was at a peak and certainly not with the original line-up, which changed a couple of times.
This goes down as one of my all-time favourite CDs. They certainly don't make music like this anymore.

No comments: