Friday, April 06, 2007

The O.C. & me, part III

After what can only be descibed as a much needed break from watching The O.C., I finally finished off season 3 today.
It was good to have a break from it but it was pretty easy to get sucked back into the trials of Ryan, Marissa, Seth and Summer.
I'll cut right to the chase. The cliffhanger in which Ryan and Marissa are involved in a car accident was such a cliche I can't believe it.
Even though midway through season 1 I really didn't like Marissa I have to admit in season 3 she was much more interesting. In fact, I am finding Ryan much more annoying now.
Seth is still Seth, he's the best thing about the show and his relationship with Summer, and to a lesser extent his dad, is very interesting.
There's a great scene in the last episode where Sandy is telling Seth how proud he is of him then hugs him, saying `I love you'. Seth's reply is classic, `I can't say I love you to another guy, but I have much affection for you'.
Anyway, when season 4 is released on DVD I'm sure I will finish off the series. I didn't watch the finale when it was on here so I don't know what happened. I just hope it wasn't as cliched as the end of the third year.

No comments: