Sunday, March 25, 2007

Since when is prayer an intrusion?

I mentioned a few days ago about a guy who I had not been in contact with for a couple of years.
Well i decided to check in and see how he had been in the past week, to let him know I had been praying for him in his situation.
Basically I wanted him to know that he needn't be alone in the problem he was having, even if I guess I was in part a contributor to his issue.
Anyway, the reply I got took me by surprise.
It was: `I never asked you to pray for me. You are intruding my boundaries by doing that. Please don't pray for me again'.
So my question is, since when is prayer an intrusion? Was it wrong for me to pray for him? I didn't think so. Anyway he's decided to cut off all communication again, seemingly. I guess I'll get another text message out of the blue in a couple more years time.
I just hope he wants to help himself, because from where I stand he doesn't want others (me particularly) to help.

No comments: