Thursday, March 15, 2007

30 Seconds To Mars

I kind of stumbled upon this band a while back courtesy of the song The Kill (Bury Me) - I didn't know why I liked it but I liked it.
The band is 30 Seconds To Mars and is actually led by actor Jared Leto, who has been in some films I have seen but to be honest wasn't that great an actor. Or at least hadn't found `the part' yet.
However, his band is a different story. Having listened to the album `A Beautiful Lie' a couple of times on the train I've got to say it's really, really, good.
Not really my cup of tea normally as it is a bit on the heavy side at times but it's interesting and the music has drawn me into it. I was a little skeptical when I first listened but that faded fairly fast. After a couple of listens, the best songs are The Kill, From Yesterday, A Beautiful Lie and Was It A Dream? but overall it's a decent listen.
Not for everyone but it certainly surprised me.

No comments: