Friday, June 20, 2008

The pool guy

For the first time in at least half my life I went `lap' swimming tonight.
It was actually a very good time though I only did six laps (hey, when you haven't done something like that in years and years you don't do 50 straight up!) it was a good experience.
I swum in an outdoor heated pool and it was a very pleasant experience. After being pestered for weeks to try it I am glad I did, and since I bought a pair of goggles I'd say I will be going back.

In other news, it appears there won't be a lot left from inside the house though my family isn't yet allowed to enter the shell yet as it is considered dangerous. Apparently there was an appeal on the radio at home today and people came from everywhere to help out which is great and I think a little overwhelming for mum and dad.
Someone even offered to let them stay in an empty house they own. Not sure what the long term situation is other than they intend to rebuild but those decisions won't be made until next week. Personally I have been a little shaken today but in a weird way, I still don't know how I feel about it all just yet. Maybe that will come when I see it.

No comments: