Thursday, June 12, 2008

The comeback we had to have...apparently

Just when you thought it was safe, New Kids On The Block have reformed and released a single called Summertime and it is as you would expect.
I'm well and truly past being embarrassed by my music taste and I admit I didn't mind NKOTB in the 90s and still have the Hangin' Tough CD. But, come on, if they are going to have a serious dig at a comeback they could have done better than a cheap Backstreet Boys imitation.
Chicken and egg I know but BB wouldn't be caught dead putting out this kind of music let alone the video. I really wanted to like the song. I don't.
I very much liked Joey McIntyre's solo song Stay The Same and he should have stayed solo, IMO.

1 comment:

Brant W. Fowler said...

It's funny you say BB imitation, because watching that video all I could see was the I Want it That Way video from BB years ago. If NKOTB was going to come back with this kind of material it should've been then, not now. Music has evolved since that era and it's certainly not yet time for it to come back around.