Sunday, February 24, 2008

Three years earlier

It's kind of fitting that the One Tree Hill episode I watched tonight, I Forgot to Remember to Forget, was essentially a flashback episode to events that happend three years earlier. (About a year after the end of season 4).
It's appropriate because I've been thinking alot about the last three years and the journey I have been on. I almost feel like I've been living in my own nightmare for three years and I just woke up. While bordering on over-dramatic, that's not far from the truth. There have been great moments but some of it seems like a bad dream, and I just couldn't get out of it.
Since the events of the past week I have begun to feel differently. I do at times have one eye over my shoulder but that's better than two.
I still have a way to go.
Anyway, season 5 of OTH has been going along great. It seems Lucas (he's the guy in the picture, the central character) isn't over his high school love but is in some decent denial about it. I was watching the special feaures on season 4's box set and there was a quote from one of the producers that stood out: ``we're never going to be a big show, but we'll be someone's favourite show''. Very true. This is a series that has heart, soul and a sense of humour.
I can't wait to watch the next one.....

2 comments:

One Super Angel said...

Hi... do you remember who said that quote about OTH? I've been swearching high and low for this you are my only lead

Ray said...

I'd have to go back and have a look on the DVD, it was definitely one of the producers of the show but I don't think it was Mark Schwahn.