Sunday, February 17, 2008

A different side

Tonight was a special night.
Yeah it's Sunday and Sunday means church but this time it wasn't your run of the mill church event.
I had the pleasure of witnessing my friend Andrew (it sounds weird referring to you as that mate!) take over ministerial duties at his new church.
His is a smallish congregation, from what I could gather, but one that has embraced him enthusiastically and I am sure one that will thrive.
What was especially great was to see him present a part of himself to the congregation by way of symbols, however dubious the Collingwood flag might be, and I think that says a lot about how he intends to serve that church.
Another great thing was to see the ``minister'' side to my friend. It's a side that has always been there, present in any even half-serious conversation, but it was different to see it in action.
Well done mate, and looking forward to the Botany open!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Thanks Diamond, it was great to have you, Wayne and Mark there as well - meant heaps to me.

MJ is certainly small but very enthusiastic. The future is an open book.

And yes, stay tuned for the Botany Open.