Saturday, December 22, 2007

You can still be free

Summer in Sydney - muggy, then rains, still muggy, sunshine, finally a cool breeze. Until it starts all over again.
Still, 26 degrees or so is a lot nicer than it could be. Enough about the weather.
Today was a bit surreal. I went out to Randwick races for the first time in what seemed like ages, it's probably been six months at least.
I was drawn out there to watch a particular racehorse, Takeover Target, race and he didn't let me down. Though there was an anxious moment there on the winning post.
A bit of an absence from the track lately for me meant I hadn't seen quite a few people I usually mix with so it was good to resurface and catch up with them.
A sense of freedom today.
It's been a pretty massive week or so and I've held up fairly well. Topping off a big week with another day out (and a trip to the races is equal to any working day) isn't something I've done a lot of this year. So be in a positiion where I seem to have no problem (to date anyway) with it is very enouraging.
That's about it, a nice day and here's to many more. By the way, tomorrow is Festivus - I will have to think of some grievances. But that's another issue.

* You Can Still Be Free is a song by Savage Garden

No comments: