Thursday, December 13, 2007

Die Hard and other random things

After almost 20 years I have finally seen Die Hard, yes the original action film starring Bruce Willis that has been sequalised three times (and funnily enough I have seen the three subsequent films).
And I've got to say it holds up pretty well despite being a product of the tragic late 1980s. That's largely due to Willis and Alan Rickman's character (he's a seriously under-rated actor).
So I enjoyed it and that blight on my movie credibility is now gone.

I was given the first series of The Chaser's War On Everything on DVD for Christmas by the family (yes I know Christmas is another 12 days away but I won't be there for it) and it is a very welcome addition to the collection. I haven't seen most of the first series as I only discovered the show on repeats earlier this year. The Brokeback Mountain - Christian Edition and Twenty20 Lawn Bowls were some early highlights and I'm sure there will be more.

My week off has flown by and it has been a good one. Caught up with a good mate I hadn't seen for a while on Monday, which was nice, and discovered he's planning to be part of a short term mission to Cambodia next year.

I bought the book Into The Wild, which the film I saw recently (and loved, reviewed further down the page) is based on. Have just started it so can't make any further comments yet. If you haven't seen the film, you're missing out on one of the year's best.

Plenty of festivities happening this weekend, hope there are enough hours in the days....

No comments: