Friday, December 07, 2007

Ventilation

Time to breathe a bit.
I have a week off (well, technically nine days if you count weekends and nine days sounds better than five!) and while it won't nearly be long enough it is very well received.
Generally I am in pretty good shape (touch wood) and am doing my getting out of the ratrace ritual in a couple of days time.
As much as I have learned over the year I still need to learn how to cool off properly, how to switch off the mind and not get caught up in things I have no business being concerned about.
I have an extended break planned for March so this week off is just a freshen up so I don't go six months between holidays. If you call a week a holiday.
This time last year things weren't exactly brilliant and downward spiral is a pretty good description of where I was placed. Fortunately (again touch wood) I am nowhere near that kind of scenario and thank God for that.
Learning how to live is difficult, small steps are needed when, of course, giant leaps are what I want to take.

1 comment:

Brant W. Fowler said...

I hope your holiday is going well, Ray. Thanks for the comments.

Best,

Brant