Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hillsong: Saviour King

I currently own seven Hillsong live CDs and four Hillsong United CDs and until picking up the latest, `Saviour King' I was very concerned that they were getting progressively worse.
When I say that I mean this.
In the days of the For This Cause, Blessed and Hope CDs you, meaning I, could quite happy listen to the CD in its entirety. This was less the case through the more recent releases. There are two reasons for this I believe: Darlene seems to be phasing herself out of providing songs for the albums as hers were always the best (IMO); and I started buying the United CDs which would then be basically redone for the Hillsong live recording. That was very frustrating.
I didn't buy the United CD `All Of The Above' and I think this is part of the reason why I like the new recording. Several of the tracks have been redone but they were all new to me.
What I like most about Hillsong music is how emotive it is, and I really connect with that and feel closer to God, and it quite often send chills through my body. The songs that do that are the best ones too. Songs like Shout To The Lord, Everyday, Blessed, Made Me Glad, Hallelujah, More Than Life, There Is Nothing Like, Hope, At The Cross and From The Inside Out.
I can now add to that list You Are My Strength, You Are Faithful and Saviour King.
Of course I have only listened to the new one once and these are the songs that struck me.
I think the key to me enjoying future Hillsong releases is to not get the United CD, because they seem to re-record all the best ones for the major release anyway.
Welcome back, Hillsong.

No comments: