Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Classic Simpsons Quotes

In honour of the Simpsons movie starting oh so soon, I'm going to roll out some of my favourite Simpsons quotes (admittedly most are from Homer), starting with my number 1 Homerism. Enjoy!

``I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.''
``I'm having the best day of my life, and I owe it all to not going to Church!''
``Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.''
``I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell?''
``God appeared before me in a dream and I knew that was special because I ususally dream about naked.....Marge.''
``It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of TV a day.''
``How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?''
``I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is ... and it's me.''
``Hey, just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!''
``You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on.''
``Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.''
``We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughin', did you?''
``Dear Lord.. The gods have been good to me. For the first time in my life, everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is. So here’s the deal: You freeze everything the way it is, and I won’t ask for anything more. If that is OK, please give me absolutely no sign. OK, deal.''
``Lisa, Vampires are make-believe, like elves, gremlins, and eskimos.''

3 comments:

Neil Cameron (One Salient Oversight) said...

It's funny because it's true...

David Castor said...

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?"

That's gotta be my favourite!

Ray said...

There are so many, David, and that one is on my list, somewhere. Classic