Thursday, April 16, 2009

Would you like a crushed soul with that?

Ever see The Simpsons episode where Bart sells his soul?
Automatic doors still open for me and no dogs and cats are growling, so it is still there.
But, well, that's how I feel today.
I haven't sold my soul, so don't worry there, but I really feel like it has been crushed. I won't go into it in detail but I got a massive dressing down when I got to work and almost an ultimatum.
In some part I contributed to it yesterday but some out of character behaviour but I don't feel like I deserved to have my hopes and dreams (work wise) virtually destroyed.
I felt like I have been working towards something and now that's not going to happen.
The view of a colleague whose opinion I value is that what happened was uncalled for and a massive over reaction. I will get past it, I guess, but it just feels like I'll be going to work without a purpose, sort of.
True there are bigger and more important things going on in the world, and in this country, but I really feel like this is a massive setback.

No comments: