Thursday, October 02, 2008

The I.T. Crowd

I've got to say I am a sucker for British comedy - they just seem to be able to hit the spot.
A while back I was given The I T Crowd by a mate but for whatever reason (distraction with Dexter probably) haven't watched it until this week.
What a mistake!
This is one of the funniest series I have seen in a while, and I've only watched series one (of two to date).
It centres around computer nerds Roy (right in the picture)and Moss (centre) and the newly appointed employee Jen (left), who doesn't know anything about computers.
I just loved the scene in one of the early episodes where Moss, who is amazingly well played, responds to a fire breaking out by sending an email asking for help when he can't remember the phone number. Look for it on YouTube, it's a classic.
I very much like witty comedy and for some reason British comedy hits the spot much more often than the Americans and they normally don't overdo it. Only 12 episodes of this show so far whereas a standard US season is around 24.
Check it out, it's a good laugh.

No comments: