Sunday, April 20, 2008

David Cook vs Mariah Carey

I'm not a big watcher of American Idol (being in Australia obviously) but the Mariah Carey night caught my eye and I paid a bit of attention.
There was the odd slaughter of a MC classic but it was David Cook's treatment of Always Be My Baby that really stood head and shoulders above everything else. He's taken a pop song that's pretty breezy and given it a much harder edge and it works big time.
Worth checking out.
As an aside, I've just picked up the new Marah Carey CD, E=MC2, and am about to start listening. I'm going to be critical so stay tuned.
Also, I just wondered if Mariah mimed at least some of her song on Idol?

3 comments:

Brant W. Fowler said...

You should look up David Cook doing Billy Jean. He really did something special with that song.

Ray said...

Yeah Billie Jean wasn't bad. I don't watch Idol (even Oz Idol) as a rule so my views are limited.

Brant W. Fowler said...

Well, good music is good music, so... :)