Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wise words

I came across an article in the Daily Telegraph this afternoon, which you can read here, about the 10th anniversary this year of Stuart Diver's escape from the Thredbo disaster of 1997.

Here are a few quotes from the story:
`You either go one of two ways with it. You either say, 'I'm going to do something positive with my life' or paint the windows of my house black and stay inside forever.
`I try to forget as much as I can. Time makes it fade. If you try to relive a tragedy every day, that can be hugely detrimental.'
`The positive way is to move on with life and try to help other people.'

Stuart Diver's story will always be an amazing one but I found his comments (advice) on putting behind him such a major traumatic experience to be inspirational. It can't be an easy thing to move past but he seems to have won that battle, or is at least winning.

No comments: