Friday, January 12, 2007

Two steps forward, one step back

It's been an interesting week.
Managed to make it back to work in reasonable shape and despite the odd moment of uncertainty, on the whole, handled it okay. But just okay.
It's a long story, and one that I will not go into here, but there is a chance that I will take another break, of at least two weeks I'd say, coming up shortly. A break designed more to clear my head, settle and work out where everything fits.
At least that will be the intention if I decide to go that way.
There have been a few interesting suggestions from others about what to do in the current situation recently, including one from a friend who suggested it was time to quit my job and ``enjoy life''. While that is appealing I am not the type of person to not have something organised. (Now if I happened to win Lotto that might be an option).
I've committed to working next week before making an assessment of what I will do after that.
It has been good going into the office and, when I'm not too stuck in my own world, getting involved in the always animated conversations that go on.
Also it appears the guys I used to work with have accepted my change of role. At least that is the way it looks so that is pretty good.

No comments: