Thursday, April 15, 2010

Truth is a double-edged sword

If I learned one thing this week it is this.
You can portray the truth (or honesty) as being something that is crucial in any relationship, be it with a work colleague, friend, partner, whatever. But if you do you have to be prepared that the truth might not be what you thought it was. Or what you'd hoped.
I learned a few truths this week and, fortunately, they were learned somewhere in the middle of the 'easy way' and the 'hard way'.
I learned one particular truth about myself. Well it was something I kind of already knew but tend to fail to acknowledge most of the time.
As always there is damage when you're honest and upfront. It's just a matter of whether the wound was just superficial, if it will heal or if it will bleed.

No comments: