Saturday, April 10, 2010

Star struck

Derby Day at Randwick is usually a pretty big day and today was no exception.
Then midway through the afternoon I was standing in the enclosure and Shannon Noll walked up near me as he waited to sing the national anthem.
Being one of my favourite singers I took the opportunity to go over and shake his hand (good handshake too, which I like).
In the end I had about a five minute chat with him while suppressing the excited fan inside me. I'd have just been happy with the quick hello! I also had a photo taken with him but I'll keep that to myself.
I have to say he impressed me. I told him about how much I loved a few of his songs in particular - notably his cover of What About Me and also the song Lift - and how the latter came around a time when I needed to hear it.
It's a shame my nephew wasn't there today because he could sing What About Me before he could talk coherently, or close to it.
Hopefully I didn't babble too much. He said there is new music coming soon from him, which is great. I'm not usually so star struck but it was great that he came across as 'normal' in person as he does in interviews.
While the work side of my day was a blur I have to say meeting Shannon was a massive highlight.
Randwick got an awesome day for once for their big race meeting and it was really a pleasant day out there. Aside from meeting and 'idol' I caught up with a couple of friends I haven't seen for a bit. So a memorable day all around.

No comments: