Saturday, September 05, 2009

Gary Unmarried

Just when you think there are no new shows coming through that are any good (hey, they are remaking Melrose Place!) comes Gary Unmarried.
I know this comedy has been through its first season in the States, but in keeping with Australian TV trends the executives wouldn't know a good show if it bit them.
So finally, just as season 2 is about to start in the US, Gary Unmarried premiered here on Thursday - and it's awesome!
The likeable Jay Mohr plays Gary, a recently divorced painting contractor with two kids and whose ex-wife has just announced she is marrying their old marriage counsellor.
From what I hear, this show gets better as it goes on but based on the first episodes (pretty sure we got the first two in an hour-long episode) I'm coming back again. Very funny.
In other news, I had an interesting experience while trying to purchase The Simpsons Season 12 box seat.
At Big W they advertised the 3D head box set for $39 but the normal box set is apparently still $53 despite the fact that everywhere else the two are the same price. I couldn't convince them that the two packagings contained exactly the same thing and went around to JB Hi-Fi and got the one I wanted. (I'm a stickler for continuity when collecting things).
At JB they gave me a free Simpsons DVD with the season 12 box set. So there, Big W.

No comments: