Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Why isn't getting real as easy as it should be?

Perhaps it's just something you go through when blogging, but I can't seem to generate the enthusiasm at times to keep it up.
Writing movie reviews, music reviews and commenting on trivial stuff is so easy.
Getting real is not so easy.
It seems it is that way in life in general, not just in the cyber world.
Maybe I'm concentrating on the wrong people, or maybe I'm just not going to get what I want.
Yeah I want something real, something that feels...something.
I go back to my previous statement - am I focusing in the wrong direction? Some aspects of my world are so deeply entrenched in keeping reality at arm's length.
Others are so caught up in reality there seems little hope of turning back. Doesn't matter how much you want to, if you can't get in the driver's seat you can't steer.
In some ways I'm very simple and as the ad says the simple things in life are often the best.
But why are the simple things never as simple as they should be?
While it's fun being a bit cryptic and colourful, I think it's pretty clear what I'm talking about.
(It's all about relationships, not necessarily romantic ones but not excluding them either.)

No comments: