Monday, August 24, 2009

Good as new

Aside from a bit of obvious landscaping still to be completed the house is finally finished.
It was an odd feeling staying there last weekend. The same address but a different house.
Essentially the house is the same dimensions but there are significant changes inside and it is much more modern - and much nicer.
The days of long hot summers and sleepless nights should be well and truly over in that house from now on with all the refurbishments.
Sleeping in my old room, well the new version of it, was also strange. It's slightly bigger than it used to be and has proper windows, the lounge room is big enough to incorporate a dining area and the kitchen is pretty schmick now too.
I'd been at my parents for many years about getting a new house and while I'm sure everyone didn't want to get it the way it happened, they are happy enough with the results. As I said there are a few little things to be finished and finalised but it looks good to me.

No comments: