Sunday, June 21, 2009

Careful what you wish for

Tomorrow sees the beginning of what will be a fairly steep learning curve for me at work.
It's a great thing, because it is something I have wanted a crack at for a while, but the last week or so it has occurred to me that I might not be ready.
I have some experience at what I will be doing but, basically, within a month I have to know how to run the show on my own. Big step. A fair bit daunting. Totally achievable, though.
It is exciting, and does show to me that hard work is rewarded sometimes. The circumstances aren't the best, though, and that is making things a bit strange.
The important thing, I think, when I'm learning in the coming weeks is to not expect to know everything straight away. Take it a step or two at a time.
On other topics, I love rainy weekends occasionally. So this weekend was kinda nice. Although both days started with a big tease of a fine day before those hopes were dashed fairly quickly.
Aside from State Of Origin II this week the anticipation for the Transformers sequel is pretty high. It has been caned a bit in the reviews this weekend but I come to expect that from most of the critics I read.
I'm not really expecting a great storyline (hey, they are 80s ex-cartoon robots) and with 150 minutes to get through that is some concern. But if the action is as good as the trailer makes out then it should be a wild ride.
I've otherwise had a fairly good weekend. I finished reading the fourth instalment of Buffy season 8 and it is starting to lose its appeal. They should have stuck with the TV series, but then again it is a comic so I shouldn't be too harsh. I do enjoy finding out what happened next and you don't get that with a lot of TV shows.

No comments: