Wednesday, July 16, 2008

World Youth Day

The influx of people for the World Youth Day events haven't really affected me since I get to work pretty early. Apparently the crowds are bigger by mid-morning.
But today I walked down George Street in the city and was confronted by heck of a lot of people who seemed to be wandering aimlessly.
I guess that's why they call them pilgrims.
I have no problem with them being here it was just a strange sight to see these groups of people with flags and their WYD backpacks walking around the city.
My only hope for the week's events is that Randwick racecourse comes away unscathed from the crowd that will be there on Sunday for the final mass.
Just don't get me started on them using NSW's best racecourse for this event and placing the industry in jeopardy again. There were more suitable venues but it's done now, we're just hoping for the best result.

No comments: