Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Canterbury tale

I have to admit I really like going to Canterbury for the races. The track is fairly small but that means from the stands you can get a good view of the entire course - the horses aren't as far away from you as they are at, say, Randwick.
After several days of very wintry and rainy weather it was a cracker of a day today, when the sun was out, and a great day to head to the races. It'd been several weeks since I had made it to the track and I managed to meet a few people I didn't know, get some legwork done on a couple of projects for work and catch up with a mate who I have a lot of time for. What can I say about Brent? He's quite a bit of fun and we had a great day hanging out, punting and catching up. A lot of his family, and his girlfriend, were there as well as they had a horse racing and they were all very good to talk to.
The week has been a busy one in one respect, a shade frustrating as usual, and saw many plans change. I was going to go for a swim but with the rain and stuff I didn't want to brave the outdoor (heated) pool.
Some more catching up with people tomorrow for a while in the afternoon, and by tomorrow evening I'm going to wonder where the weekend got to.
The photos on this page are obviously ones I took at the races at Canterbury today and gives an indication of the size of the track.

No comments: