Monday, July 28, 2008

Grrrrr!

So I went into a department store this afternoon looking for a pair of gloves as I had lost mine. Seems a fairly natural thing to do when it's the middle of winter and its freezing cold.
But no, apparently they don't have winter stock as the summer range has come in and the only winter items available are on clearance.
Yep, you can't buy a pair of gloves in a fairly prominent department store in the middle of winter. I couldn't believe it.
I was then told to try other stores, some of whom are in direct competition to this one. Anyway I bought my gloves at a nearby menswear store and in the end they were probably better quality than what I would have bought. Then when I went to pay at the first store for what I wanted to buy they didn't have any bags so had to cram my clothing into some very, very small bags.
Then I get home and phone a store where I had placed an order for some juice some two and a bit weeks earlier to inquire as to whether it had arrived, since I hadn't heard anything.
I was told that the product I required was discontinued. They could have called me to let me know so I could make alternative arrangements, couldn't they.
So I went on a wild goose chase starting with the manufacturer who told me the product was not discontinued, then was put onto a distributor who may or may not be able to get what I'm after.
I told the manufacturer's rep that there were a lot of similar products out there of much lesser quality that are easier to get and that my difficulty in securing what I wanted could illustrate that if their product was more easily accessible they would sell more.
So I am still in the dark, until at least tomorrow, as to whether I can get this product or not.
Didn't seem too professional to me from any of the three people I spoke with this afternoon.

No comments: