Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Do we need a Friends movie?

I guess it was going to happen sooner or later but as a massive fan of Friends I ask myself can they improve on what they've already completed?
The show ended very well and while there is an element of curiosity as to what might have happened with Monica, Chandler, Rachel, Ross, Phoebe and Joey I don't think it is essential.
Certainly with Sex And The City being successful and a new X Files movie there is a market for TV crossovers.
And there is no doubt should a film be made I will see it but the makers should take heed - it would want to be a cracking story to sustain a show that worked brilliantly as a 22 minute series into a 100-plus minute film. And make it as funny as have as much heart as the series did.
The Simpsons did it damn well but it took them four years to come up with a lasting storyline.
No doubt the cast will take the money and do it but given the choice I'd say, guys and gals, don't
do it!
But if you have to do it don't make a film, make a new series of the TV show. Do a season 11, it would be so much better.

No comments: