Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Songs To Love And Die By

We don't realise how precious life is and how little things like telling the people you love that you care about them can make a difference.
We don't realise until something bad happens.
Since I saw the film It's A Wonderful Life in late 2006 it has struck me that you just don't realise the impact you can have on other people and the impact other people have on your life.
I'm here to say we should start realising.
Of all places I was reminded of this when I was getting back into One Tree Hill last night. Based on the aforementioned classic movie is the episode Songs To Love And Die By, where Lucas gets the opportunity to see what life would have been like in Tree Hill if he was a different type of person, that is, not the good guy he is.

In a voiceover Lucas (pictured) says: Have you ever wondered what marks our time here? If one life can really make an impact on the world? Or if the choices we make matter? I believe they do. And I believe that one man can change many lives... for better or worse!

There are a number of people who have had a profound impact on my life and were they not there I am certain I would be a different person myself and may well be in a different situation.
What a difference you could make to someone just by smiling at them or saying hello, asking how they are. You never know what is going on in someone's life and by acting kindly or doing something positive could change their life for the better.
You don't need to be a super hero to save someone. You just have to be there.

I try to make sure those I care about know that. Sometimes I might sound silly but at the end of the day I'd rather them know how I feel.
Life is too short. Take the risk, a leap of faith. Tell your friends. It can only do good.
And at times there seems there isn't enough good in the world. Even if there is, there is always room for more.
So what are you waiting for?

No comments: