Sunday, January 13, 2008

Self fulfilling prophecies

I was just doing a bit of fishing around my room, checking what I had in storage (if you can call it that) and came across my old journals from university.
It't not that I didn't know they were there, just it's been a while since I looked through some things from that era.
Anyway, I noticed something I wrote dated October 4, 1995, that really struck me.
``In the end, the only thing I have to fall back on when all else fails is my work and I have to devote as much time to that as possible.''
Hmmm. Any wonder I am like I am now? I've always been that way, even before I had a job.
Speaking of jobs, a few weeks later (dated October 28, 1995) I wrote the following, so it isn't all bad.
``Hopefully, I'd like to be a racing journalist because I relly enoy the races and have been enjoying them for 10 years.''
So, some dreams do come true.
Here's one for those who like a laugh, from November 6, 1995.
``I have a reputation around here as being a TV addict....'', some things never change. I recall packing about half a dozen people into my dorm room (which wasn't really big enough for 6 people) to watch the first ever episode of Friends. I was the only one who laughed.
I hope you enjoyed this blast from the past.

No comments: