Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spooked

One of the things that bugs me about myself these days is how easily spooked I am.
I'm not talking about scary things like walking down a dark alley in Redfern in the middle of the night with a wad of cash on me....though I probably would feel pretty uneasy doing that.
What I'm referring to is how I have this tendency of jumping to bad conclusions.
Particularly when it comes to health issues. Medically, it would be referred to as 'health anxiety'.
That problem to the side, the troubling this is that when I am 'spooked' I can shut down a bit and not want to do things - just in case.
Committing to doing CBT to try and overcome it is not as easy as it sounds either. I don't know why, though.
The solution could well and truly be in my worksheets and CBT book yet it doesn't get the workout that I should be giving it.
OK, so I admit I have a problem here.

No comments: