Sunday, June 05, 2011

It's a start

I am rather proud of myself for making it to the gym twice in the past week.
That probably doesn't sound like much to some people but my history has been go once then don't go again for months and months.
My arms do feel like they could fall off! A lot of stiffness there from using muscles I'm sure I didn't know I had (and still don't have just yet to be honest). A big plus has been finding a buddy to go along with and that's encouraging, plus I have someone who knows what they are doing a lot more than me.
The big challenge coming up for me isn't so much to keep going - it is the fact that I will inevitably lose a bit of weight from actually working out properly a couple of times a week. And while that is something I very much want (a few kgs, not 10), losing weight is a bit of a tricky subject for me because it has been embedded in my mind that weight loss is bad.
Long story.
Feeling fitter and better about myself is a big positive so hopefully I can keep the crazy thoughts about dropping a kilo or two in perspective.
But anyway, I'm off to a good start.

No comments: