Thursday, December 16, 2010

Your wonderful life

If you want a bit of perspective, spend two hours watching It's A Wonderful Life.
Go away and think about all the people in your life and how you would be affected if just one of them were never there.
I don't think there is any doubt you'd be in a different place in some aspect of your life.
This is something we never consider.
For example, I've lived with the same friend for over seven years.
We met about 11 years ago. This person has been a source of great support in difficult times, has pushed me when I needed pushing and regardless off how we see it our lives have been intertwined in a way for much of that time. That just happens when you share a living space.
How different would my life be if we never met?
To be honest I hate to consider it. I don't see how I would be better off under the same set of circumstances.
And it's not the big things that are significant, it's the small decisions where you put other people in front of your own needs, hopes and dreams.
I'm guilty of not remembering that I have a wonderful life. Look around and appreciate everyone who chooses to be a part of your life - they are there for a reason.

No comments: