Monday, December 27, 2010

Minor league wars

It has been an interesting 'holiday' period.
When I arrived up home I chipped away an old filling and was left with an uncomfortable hole in a tooth which required some work.
I was told I'd have no chance of getting a dentist's appointment at such short notice but, luckily, managed to get one 24 hours after I called up to inquire.
So one crisis averted.
After dealing with a nine-year-old nephew with a big case of the 'I want this's' while shopping (so not used to that), Christmas rolled around and I somehow managed to do a minor back injury.
It was just a recurrence of an old injury but was still pretty untimely. So I spent a fair chunk of Christmas Day in a bit of discomfort and laid up on the couch. Having a bunch of under 9s running around at lunch didn't help, but I suppose we weren't any different when we were that age.
With a couple of public holidays in the way I have to wait to get the back looked at by a physio. Fortunately it isn't too bad, and not as restrictive as it could be.
However, I have managed to catch up a bit on episodes of Dexter, what an awesome show, and Chuck.
I wonder what the New Year will bring?

No comments: