Monday, December 13, 2010

Standing and falling

We all have our ups and downs.
At the moment things seem to be on the up. I've just had an awesome weekend away, got to experience a few things I haven't done before (you know, how 'the other half' live) and hanging out with a great bunch of people I don't see often because of geography.
Now we're back to reality.
I've wondered quite a bit whether I'd like to live somewhere else, in a new city, and break away from what I've become used to.
And with Sydney I think it is a place you either relish or tolerate. Don't get me wrong, there are some great things about Sydney. But it's not exactly an easy place to live.
Perhaps that is the same of all metropolitan centres, I don't really know.
Maybe all this is just the hangover from an enjoyable time away in a place I find relaxing (somewhat) and certainly a nice change.

Sometimes there is still the sense of falling. Not so much literally, it's more like falling over as opposed to falling down.
Does everyone get that way from time to time? In a sense I'd like to think so. But I don't know how comforting that is because everyone's troubles aren't the same.
When I fall it tends to consume everything. Like I'm being sucked into a black hole that spits me back out periodically. The challenge is to stay out for as long as possible.
The even bigger challenge is to stay out indefinitely.
I'm not always good at picking myself up when I have fallen. I don't always let on that I have fallen. Maybe it's a guy thing, that you want to take care of everything yourself.
Maybe it is simply that I look in the wrong places or take the wrong approach to seeking help in those times.

Like I said, I'm standing now. I feel good. And it is okay to feel good.
As silly as it sounds.
Let the healing continue.

No comments: