Friday, November 07, 2008

Rocknrolla

It says a lot about a movie when you start looking at your watch.
I started looking at my watch about 90 minutes into Rocknrolla and it wasn't just because I was wondering how long to go.
Whether it was during the making of this film that things went awry between Guy Ritchie (who wrote and directed) and Madonna I'm not sure but he was certainly distracted.
There is absolutely nothing we didn't see in Lock Stock and Snatch and they were much more original and much more action packed. Watching the preview you think you are in for a rollercoaster of a rise into the London underground world of heavies, thieves and hangers-on.
There are positives. It is not a bad film, in fact it is quite satisfactory. However, I expected a lot more than what was delivered.
Good cast, Gerard Butler and Tom Wilkinson are good as always and Tom Hardy (Bob) and Blae Ritson (Johnny) were among a good support cast. There's a lot of suggestive sex talk and some violence as you'd expect.
All things considered it was okay but disappointing. And I didn't really care what a Rocknrolla was at the end. I won't be seeing The Real Rocknrolla when it is released. A 5.5 out of 10.

No comments: