Friday, May 25, 2007

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End

The third film in the Pirates Of The Caribbean
series `At World's End' sees the series continue its swashbuckling ways providing the humorous entertainment that you'd expect.
I have one large criticism: IT'S TOO LONG!
Clocking at at around 165 minutes, Pirates 3 is far too indulgent length-wise and this detracts from the overall film, as far as I'm concerned.
Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow again steals the film and there isn't enough of him. His first scene is disturbingly brilliant, taking talking to yourself to a whole new level. Geoffrey Rush is again excellent as Captain Barbossa and I'd say without this pair there'd be little to attract you to the series.
Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly (though she looks nice, and far too pristine to be a pirate king) are there for girls and guys respectively to look at but offer little and pale in comparison to the real stars.
I also think I suffered from not seeing the second film, which I will get around to eventually. In all it was enjoying but lengthy. A 7 out of 10.

No comments: