Tuesday, May 30, 2006

One Tree




I think I've already come up with a grievance for Festivus 2006 and that's Channel 10's handling of One Tree Hill, my favourite TV show currently running. Two summers ago they showed about seven episodes. Last summer they showed one. Thank God for DVD!

With three seasons down in the USA it's now unlikely 10 will resurrect One Tree now, especially with Foxtel now showing season 1.

So why is it so great? The show is esentally about two half-brothers (Lucas - Chad Michael Murray (top left) and Nathan - James Lafferty (bottom right)) who end up playing on the same school basketball team and how their lives, separated for 17 years, have now suddenly been brought together. My fellow One Tree watchers will hound me down but my favourite character is still Haley (Bethany Joy Lenz (top right)), who is Lucas' best friend. Won't go any further than that. The other central characters are Peyton (Hilary Burton, centre) and the ever interesting Brooke (Sophia Bush, bottom left).

There hasn't been a `teen drama' like this since 90210 and it's got 10 lengths on The OC. I did think of naming my blog after Friends but that'd be too obvious.

No comments: