Saturday, May 21, 2011

The big H

We all have things that irk us from time to time, call them pet peeves or those little things people do that rub you up the wrong way.....
Well, one of mine is hypocrisy.
Particularly when it comes to a person's core beliefs or public persona. In politics they often call it a 'conflict of interest' to make it sound a bit less severe.
Most of the time it is related to actions that are highly acceptable in general but when compared with the public profile seem against one's perceived agenda.
Like white lies, I guess, some hypocrisy can be meaningless. I have to stick my hand up and say I have erred on the side of the big H. For example, I was actively against Facebook but eventually fell under its spell and quite enjoy using it.
Sure, it was a shade hypocritical but nobody was hurt.
But this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. More like apples and oranges.

No comments: